Individual Counseling provides an opportunity for you to openly talk about your thoughts in a safe environment. Together, we can discuss your issues or concerns with:
- Dealing with Trauma and Loss
- Parenting Issues
- Dealing with illness(of self, partner, child, parent)
- Relationship issues/coaching – work and personal
- Body image issues
- Infertility issues
- Emotional overractivity – anger, excessively, judgemental/critical/negative
- Family conflict/divorce
- Difficulty focusing/rushing thoughts/mood swings.
- Compulsive behaviors – eating drinking shopping etc. (almost anything can become compulsive when its done excessively)
Do you and your partner
- Wonder what has happened to trust and intimacy?
- Escalate arguments into criticism, blame, defensiveness, and withdrawal?
- Lack the ability to talk about feelings and needs?
- Feel alone in your relationship?
- Feel the other may be having an affair (including an emotional affair)?
- Wonder how long your relationship will last?
These are common questions that lead people in distressed relationships to seek therapy individually or as a couple. Relationship distress is a pathway to negative patterns of communication that include criticism, defensiveness and withdrawal; as well as to substance abuse and other harmful behaviors.
At Enrichment Support Services, LLC (ESS) we can help you and your partner to unlatch these patterns and create a safe base to examine the needs and feelings that underlie them so that you can talk to one another with understanding and sensitivity. We can help to bring out closure to painful emotional relationship events, as well as to build the emotional resilience necessary to avoid the relapse into negative patterns.
Most couples spend more time planning their wedding than their marriage. If you think about the amount of financial and emotional investment that goes into preparing for the wedding itself, doesn’t it make sense to invest a little in strengthening the relationship at the onset?
We encourage couples to give their marriages’ the best possible start. Premarital Counseling can accomplish the following:
- Strengthen Communcation Skills
- Discuss Role Expectations
- Learn Conflict Resolution
- Explore Spiritual Beliefs
- Identify Family of Origin Issues
- Develop Personal, Couple, Family goals
Family dynamics can often be challenging, whether you have a traditional or non-traditional family, we can help.
Family counseling provides an opportunity for everyone to openly talk about their thoughts and feelings in a safe environment. Together, we can try to solve any familial issues.
- Parent-Child Conflicts
- Family Communication Problems
- Defiant, Angry or Isolated Teens
- Grief and Issues of loss
- Transitions after Divorce or Separation